Vivo has launched its latest premium X-Series phones, the X80 Pro and X80 in India. They are both flagship phones with luxurious designs, top-end hardware and matching prices. Contrary to what you might believe in naming, the X80 Pro seems to be replacing the X70 Pro Plus, not the most powerful phone that made Vivo at the time of writing – the X70 Pro. The cost is almost the same. Vivo is also working on an X80 Pro Plus, however, which is expected to reach the 3rd quarter of 2022. We can’t help but get excited about it because the X80 Pro is already fully loaded We wonder what Vivo has in front of it.
But we are averse. Today we have the X80 Pro, and in a word, this phone looks very impressive. What started out as a series of big time focus on camera skills has, in the end, turned into a lot to do. These phones have become the best galaxy and the best iPhone flagship for their money in almost every understandable way. What’s even more impressive is that Vivo has been able to do this in such a short time. The series debuted only in 2020.
We have the Vivo X80 Pro at home and while we’re working on our full review so you can get a broader insight into its hits and misses, here are Vivo’s new photography powerhouse phone features a quick 10-point run-down Everything you need to know.
VIVO X80 PRO: Everything to know
1. The X80 Pro has a glass and metal sandwich design. It will somehow remind you of the X70 Pro Plus, especially the color scheme, the curved glass panels on the front and the overall dimensions, all in familiar areas. There is a big difference though. Camera assembly has been completed from scratch. It’s a small island in itself, now, a design choice that could be polarizing for anyone. Its three cameras are housed inside a circle which is itself inside a mirror-like square-ish module – a fourth camera is located in this area. The X80 Pro comes in a cosmic black color with a smooth matte finish that glows in direct light.
2. The phone is IP68-rated which makes it dust and water resistant.
3. The X80 Pro has a 6.78-inch 2K (1440p) E5 LTPO2 AMOLED display with a refresh rate of up to 120Hz and a hole punch cut-out in the center. It looks a lot like the X70 Pro Plus and the iQOO 9 Pro.
4. Like the iQOO 9 Pro (review), the X80 Pro also includes a large Qualcomm 3D Sonic Max-based ultrasonic fingerprint reader for biometric authentication. This is one of the features that will make it difficult for you to survive without it Not only does this give you more real estate (you can record two fingers at the same time for enhanced protection), it works well even if your hand or screen is wet. The setup is also instant because you only need to touch it once to record your fingerprint.
5. Come to the core USP of the phone: The back of the X80 Pro has four cameras with a 50MP primary Samsung ISOCELL GNV sensor on the back of an optically stable lens with f / 1.57 aperture, a 12MP Sony IMX663 sensor with f / 1.57 aperture on the back of a gimbal. Telephoto lens, an 8MP sensor on the back of an optically stable 5x periscope telephoto lens with f / 3.4 aperture and a 48MP Sony IMX598 sensor on the back of the f / 2.2 ultraviolet lens. Thanks to Vivo’s continued partnership with the German lens maker, all cameras benefit from the Zeiss T * lens cover. Now there are new filters, and ZEISS Natural Color version 2.0 that works a lot like HDR, just to give you more vivid images.
6. In addition to display and gaming enhancements, the X80 Pro also comes with a second-generation V1 chip, the V1 +, for enhanced night photography.
7. Under the hood, you’ll find a Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chip with 12GB RAM and 256GB storage. It is not extensible. Vivo is using 27-layer VC cooling system in the phone to achieve sustainable performance. The phone boots Funtouch OS 12 based on Android 12.
8. Powering the X80 Pro is a 4,700mAh battery with 80W fast wiring and 50W wireless charging support. You can also use the phone to charge other wired devices wirelessly.
9. Rounding off the package includes dual speakers, NFC, Wi-Fi 6, support for Bluetooth 5.2, 15 5G bands, and USB 3.1 Type-C port.
10. Vivo X80 Pro is priced at Rs 79,999 (12GB / 256GB) in India. It will be available from May 25 Check out this place for a full review of Vivo X80 Pro coming soon